The rain sensor detects and reacts to rain and snow and based upon the setting sensitivity will also detect fog. In addition, the rain sensor has an automatic connecting-PTC heater to icing and condensation. The heater is activated depending on the outside temperature. When the outdoor temperature is less than 37° F, the heating is automatically activated. At temperatures above 37° F and no precipitation, the heating is off. To conserve power.
The rain sensor is contained in strong housing suitable for outdoor use. It has many uses:
- Detection of rain or snow
- Depending on sensitivity setting - detection of fog
- Controlling of motorized vents, motorized skylights or motorized awnings
- Designed for long term use with the Loxone Miniserver or Extension
- Designed for use with any device with digital 24V inputs